Conservatorium of Audio The Art of Mastering TUTORiAL
TEAM SYNTHiC4TE | 24-11-2011 | 978MB
This tutorial covers a variety of different mastering techniques and topics to allow to you add the polish and shine that will make your tracks stand out from the rest.
This tutorial covers a variety of different mastering techniques and topics, including:
- The different tools use for metering during the mastering process, from VU, RMS and peak meters, to spectrum and phase analysers.
- The different types of processing used and when and why they should be applied, including EQ, stereo imaging, harmonic excitement, bass processing, multiband compression and maximisation.
- Balancing out the frequency and tonal characteristics of a mix to create and bigger and cleaner sound.
- Using a variety of tools to control, and add width to the stereo image of a mix.
- Using different reverbs to help to better define the space that a mix is perceived to be in.
- Using maximisation to bring your productions up to the level of typical commercial productions.
- Featuring productions from Benson & Tonic (Alternative Calypso), Area593 (Photonic Inductance), Johnny Post (Lady Liar) and Teknofear (Dilated Eyes).
- And much more!
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.