Through clear explanation of the processes involved and compelling case studies of design-oriented projects presented with full-color illustrations, BIM for Design Firms: Data Rich Architecture at Small and Medium Scales proves that the power of BIM is far more than an improved documentation and sharing environment. It offers chapters that discuss a broad range of digital design, including problems with BIM, how readers can leverage BIM workflows for complex projects, the way BIM is taught, and more.
• Helps architects in small and medium design studios realize the cost and efficiency benefits of using BIM
• Demonstrates how the use of BIM is as relevant and beneficial for a range of projects, from small buildings to large and complex commercial developments
• Highlights the quantitative analysis opportunities of data-rich BIM models across design disciplines for climate responsiveness, design exploration, visualization, documentation, and error detection
• Includes full-color case studies of small to medium projects, so that examples are applicable to a range of practice types
• Features projects by Arca Architects, ARX Protugal Arquitectos, Bearth & Deplazes, Durbach Block Jaggers, Flansburgh Architects, and LEVER Architecture
BIM for Design Firms is an excellent book for architects in small and medium-sized studios (including design departments within large firms) as well as for architecture students.
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.