Get started quickly with the integrated tutorials:
· It is easy and fun to start using Ultra Fractal with the built-in tutorials. Starting with the basics, you will soon learn how to create your own fractals, change the colors, add layers, use masks, and even create animations. You can also download the PDF manual to print the tutorials.
Explore thousands of fractal types and coloring options:
· First explore the standard fractal types in Ultra Fractal to get familiar with them. Then connect to the online formula database to download thousands of additional fractal formulas and coloring algorithms contributed by other users.
Enjoy unlimited deep zooming:
· You can zoom to virtually unlimited depths with Ultra Fractal. Deep zooming is fully integrated and works with all fractal types and coloring options, even those you have written yourself!
Tweak parameters with the versatile Explore feature:
· Choosing parameter values is a breeze with the new Explore feature. Experiment with new parameter values by moving the mouse cursor over a coordinate grid in the Explore window, while the Fractal Mode tool window shows a real-time preview of the result.
Color your fractals and add transparency effects:
· Coloring your fractals is easy with Ultra Fractal's gradient editor. Drag the gradient curves up and down to create smooth ranges of colors, or use the Randomize options to quickly try various color combinations. You can also use the gradient editor to add transparency effects.
Compose fractals with layers, masks, layer groups and Photoshop-like merge modes:
· One of Ultra Fractal's key features is layering. You can place multiple layers of fractals on top of each other to combine them and create intricate coloring and texturing effects. Add mask layers to create transparent areas that will let the underlying layers shine through. Organize related layers in layer groups. Store layers or groups that you often use in the layer presets menu to access them quickly. You can even select multiple layers to edit their parameters together.
· Import PNG, JPEG or BMP images in your fractals with the built-in image import feature. Simply select a coloring algorithm that contains an image parameter, and you can select any image on your computer to use.
Open and organize your fractal files:
· Organize all your fractal-related files with the integrated Explorer-like file browsers. Quickly scan formula files and parameters with the new thumbnail view and the powerful search tools.
Render your artwork to produce fractal movies and high-quality images for printing and publishing:
· Create stunning fractal movies and high-quality images in full color at any size and resolution with the Render to Disk feature. Built-in anti-aliasing and motion blur smooths and sharpens rendered images and removes jagged edges. Ultra Fractal exports and renders to JPEG, Photoshop, TIFF, PNG, Windows BMP, Targa, and AVI files.
Accelerate fractal calculations by connecting to other computers on your network:
· Connect to other computers on your local network or even on the Internet to speed up fractal calculations and disk render jobs. Ultra Fractal distributes calculations over the connected computers to accelerate them, which can easily double or triple the processing power of your own computer. (Animation Edition only)
Write your own fractal formulas:
· Every fractal type, coloring option, and transformation in Ultra Fractal is a formula that you can edit and customize at will using the built-in syntax-highlighting formula editor. Add your own fractal formulas and coloring algorithms and upload them to the online formula database to share them with other users.
With excellent help file and PDF manual:
· An excellent help file in Windows HTML Help format is included with Ultra Fractal that is easy to read and full of information. The help file is available online as well. Alternatively, you can download or order the help file as a PDF manual for easy printing. There are also Spanish and German translations.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7