• Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings, making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the sandbox.
• Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of normal operation, so when you throw away the sandbox, all the history records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox:
• Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
• Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
• Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
• Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Translations: The following languages can be selected during installation: English, Albanian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian and Turkish.
These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.5.
- Enhancements and Revisions:
Improvements support for installations involving Windows Side-by-Side assemblies.
Added support for a question mark character in Sandboxie settings that is considered a single-character wildcard.
For third-party APIs: On 64-bit systems, the 32-bit DLL (SbieDllX) has been renamed to SbieDll.
New translations: Greek, Portuguese (Portugal), and Arabic.
- Problems Fixed:
Fixed a problem with Forced Folders on 64-bit Windows.
Fixed a problem with the Sandboxie UAC confirmation window overlapping the Windows task bar.
Fixed a conflict with the Immunize feature of Spybot-S&D which caused some slowdowns.
- Improved compatibility with:
Adobe Reader X in Protected Mode
Internal Flash player in recent versions of Google Chrome
- Web Browser: Comodo Dragon
Proxies and Filters: NetNanny 6.5, ProxyCap, Super Socks5Cap
Utilities: Active Captions, Actual Window Manager, Arum Switcher, Copernic Desktop Search, IntelliType Pro, ManyCam, RadeonPro
Security Software: Microsoft EMET tool, Norton 360, Norton Safe Web Lite
Virtual Machines: Running Sandboxie in a Windows system virtualized by Xen
Home Page - http://www.sandboxie.com
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.