Developed by a small Dutch multimedia company called Dunes MultiMedia, WinNc uses the same key shortcuts and the same mouse functionality as a well-known DOS file manager, Norton Commander. WinNc gives you direct drag-and-drop access to network servers, network neighborhoods and other network computers in the double-pane interface, each of which function independently.
Maybe you miss the old days of File Manager where you could see dual views of your directories or drives. Or even better, what about Norton Commander, the old DOS trusty file management tool that could do it all with shortcut keys.
Well, the folks at Dunes Multimedia, a small company based in the Netherlands, specializing in multimedia production, Internet design and software development, have whisked us back to the best of the 80s with their great product called WinNc.
WinNc is a throwback to the good old days with a product that resembles and works just like its old lookalike but with added functionality and full windows flexibility.
When you first open WinNc it feels like you are riding in a new Porsche, mainly because it loads fast and gives you full control of all of your files, directories and drives. Copying a file or moving directories is so much easier when you can view the process, and using the old F5 or F6 hot key to copy or move files is so much simpler than copy and paste.
WinNc is loaded with all types of goodies, you can do just about any type of file maintenance you want, from file copy, splitting and deletion, to editing and viewing documents, audio, video and pictures.
WinNc allows you to handle compressed files as if they were directories and supports all regular compression standards. Just press enter to open a zip file and select the files you want to compress or uncompress. Then use the old F5 or F6 hot keys to copy or move files in to the other panel containing your target directory. For the web WinNc allows you to upload your homepage files to a http/ftp server using the built in FTP function.
WinNc is so comfortable that replacing Vista Windows Explorer with WinNc was just as natural as getting into a car and driving away.
Freely download our shareware version and give it a try today!
Changes in WinNc 126.96.36.199:
- Convert Audio menu item added
- Open config reset dialog when start failed
- Improved handling of problem links (tabs, buttons)
- DVD size fixed
- File move problem when source folder is subfolder of destination folder
- Password protected zip fixed
- Font files in thumb
- Panel view upgraded
- Edit mode in text compare
- Better error handling in FTP connection problem
- stop writing "test.xml" in C:\temp
- avoid reloading of Thumbnail by reactivation of winnc
- PNG files transparency in viewer and thumbnails fixed
- Drag to email now creates attachements
- Pause in Fastcopy works
- Close button in folder size calculation (F9)
- French translation update
- Panel tools optional without captions
- Transfer speed in files per second added.
- Transfer file size in operation dialog
Home Page - http://www.winnc.com/
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.