• With Virtual CD you can create compressed 1:1 copies (virtual CDs/DVDs) to your hard drive. You can then store your originals safely in a cabinet! Your virtual CDs are then available with a simple click or even automatically with the autostart of the corresponding program.
• With Virtual CD you receive up to virtual drives that behave just like the "real" physical CD/DVD drives - except that they are up to 200x faster! The only noise you hear is music or the applictions sounds, and all you need to do is play, work and enjoy.
• Nobody needs to handle fragile CDs any more in order to run applications. Your children don't need to, nor do your colleagues or you yourself!
• Music, games, searching programs, grafic programs - all will be loaded faster and is immediately accessible. You can simultaneously use a number of different CD programs without needing to purchase a number of CDdrives - this pays off quickly.
• Millions of private and professional users worldwide enjoy the advantages of Virtual CD since 1998. Each year coveted awardes confirm how easy Virtual CD is to operate - thus it will undoubtedly earn your enthousiasm. Whether game-CDsm route planners, lexicons, reference CDs - with Virtual CD you have everything at hand.
• Virtual CD copies your CDs and DVDs to the hard drive of your PC or Server using highly efficient data compression techniques. The virtual CDs are then run in virtual CD drives which are automatically set up in Windows and have all the functions and features of physical CD drives.
• No need to change discs manually
• Up to 23 media simultaneously accessible – unlimited number on the hard drive
• Faster launch and load times – up to 200 x CD speed
• Original media protected from loss and damage
• Conserves laptop battery power
• Ideal complement to netbooks and other subnotebooks without optical drives
• Simultaneous access, even in private networks
• Centralized media library
• Easy-to-use access controls for all media and users, including usage statistics (with VCD NMS)
• Fast and easy content serving over the entire network
• Optimized price structure compared to hardware-based solutions
• High scalability – up to several thousand users
• Easy to create individually adapted client setups that enable only specified features
Here is a brief overview of the new features:
• Completely revised user interface
• Support for Blu-ray and HD DVD
• Optimized readout functions for broader compatibility
• Compatible with Windows 7
• Data safe mode
• Sound file mode
• Direct burning functions
• Direct drive access through desktop icons
What's new in Virtual CD v10.1:
• Help file with integrated videos; online video library with workshop videos. The extensive online help in Virtual CD now includes videos that give you detailed explanations, in text and images, of the many VCD functions. We are also setting up a library of workshop videos at the VCD website to help you get the most out of Virtual CD.
• Extended task assignment options. The task assignment dialogs in Virtual CD made version 10 easier to use than its predecessors. In Virtual CD 10.1 even more options have been added to these dialogs, so you can choose from a broader range of tasks to be executed on double-click. Even the selection of post-CD burning actions has been extended.
• Extended options for desktop drive icons. The drive icons that Virtual CD creates on the desktop are among the most popular features in Virtual CD 10. Especially for USB flash drives and other removable media, these functions mark a tremendous gain in convenience. In the 10.1 update, the display options in this feature have been enhanced.
• New options in the Image Wizard and Image Writer. Now you can add more files to images. You can also interrupt the creation process and restart it at a later point—the process picks up where it left off.
• Improved file system compatibility for VCD images. The image files created by Virtual CD can sometimes exceed the handling capacity of certain file systems. That is why we have now integrated the option of dividing large image files into multiple smaller files. This feature can be enabled globally, so that it is active by default, or individually, while creating an image.
• Improvements in the CD Control Center and the Editor. The comprehensive filtering and display options have been expanded yet again, so that even large CD collections can be searched quickly and easily for a particular track. In the Editor, working sequences have been further optimized for faster results than ever.
Home Page - http://www.virtualcd-online.com
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.