Among the new features in this version:
1. Computer-oriented Dashboard – drill down through information starting from network-wide security sensors to individual security scan results.
2. Agents technology – faster security scans through load balancing, reduced network bandwidth consumption, and improved scan accuracy.
3. Revamped reporting – high performance, computer-oriented, customizable reports.
4. Network security history – manage your environment by analyzing changes rather than reading long reports.
5. Integration with 1500+ security and security sensitive applications – identify, audit, remediate.
6. Full text search – quickly locate scan results for any scanned computer. The search results are structured and hyperlinked allowing deep analysis of the data.
7. Revamped Remediation Center – fix vulnerabilities from a central location. Monitor the status of remediation jobs and browse the history of all remediation jobs performed.
8. Integration with existing network infrastructure.
9. Improved port scanning – information about the processes which listens on open ports.
10. Custom software/scripts deployment improvements – support for auxiliary/configuration files.
11. Improved support for virtual infrastructure.
12. Network discovery not bound to license limitations.
Below is a list of issues which may be encountered during the BETA. These issues will be addressed in BETA2.
1. SSH-based scanning (Linux) is disabled.
2. Import of settings and scan results from LANguard 9.x is partially disabled.
3. Occasional memory usage spikes may lead to application crash on some computers.
4. Integrated remote desktop connections fail at first attempt.
5. Enabling remote desktop on computers where the Remote Registry service is stopped does not work.
6. Activity Monitor -> Security Scans mistakenly indicates that auto-remediation was performed for scans which did not gather patch information.
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.
TO WIN USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
Latest Winrar and extract password protected files without error.